Participants in the competition are obligated to comply with the following terms and conditions, thus it is advised for participants to carefully read the information below.
1. iVEDIIC2020 is an international competition organised by the Faculty of Education, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Cawangan Selangor , campus of Puncak Alam.
2.The competition can be accessed via https://.........................the competition website.
3. The competition commences from 1st September until 30th September, 2020, and will be judged later from the 6th until 8th of October, 2020.
4. By registering, you will confirm that you have read and unconditionally agree to all the Terms and Conditions, and that you accept all of the organiser’s decision regarding the competition as final and binding in all respects. This does not affect your statutory rights.
5.Competition materials mean the entries submitted by the participants as part of their involvement in the competition.
6.The organisers may pass on any competition materials submitted for the purpose of evaluation or judging of the competition.
7. All materials related to the competition must be in either English or Bahasa Malaysia.
8. An individual participant means a contestant who enters the competition as a sole individual, whereas a team participant means a person who enters the competition as part of a team. Individual participants and team participants are together referred to as just “participants.”
1.Participation in the competition is open to (i) local and international participants, (ii) students from primary and secondary schools, (iii) students and instructors from tertiary institutions, (iv) professionals and researchers from the government and non-governmental organisations.
2. To dispel any possible doubts, current employees of UiTM who are directly involved in the evaluation or judging session ineligible to participate in the competition.
1.Eligible participants who wish to participate in the competition must each complete their registration online on the competition website, regardless of whether they wish to enter the competition as an individual or team participant.
2.Eligible participant may register more than one entry into the competition. Participants may participate in the competition as both an individual participant and as a team participant.
3. All participants must provide valid e-mail and corresponding addresses as part of the registration process. Participants are required to update their e-mail and corresponding addresses if there are changes during the registration period.
4. The organiser reserves the right to check the validity of the information submitted in the participant’s registration at any stage during the competition.
5. The Letter of Acceptance (LOA) will be available to be printed once a project has been successfully registered. Participants may use that LOA to apply for funding from their respective schools, institutions or organisations.
6. Only participations who have completed full payment will have their submissions forwarded for the judging session. Participants must provide the valid proof of payment to the organisers through the competition’s official website.
7. An invoice will be sent to the participant once the payment is confirmed with the Treasurer Department.
8. The organiser also reserves the right to refuse participation, or to disqualify, at any time during the competition, participants who have submitted incorrect or misleading information. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may disqualify participants from the competition without further notice.
9. Participants will have no recourse against disqualification decisions.
10. Any participant who has correctly registered by the given deadline will not be able to participate further in the competition.
1. Each team must consist of at most 5 participants, with the team leader should be chosen among the team members.
2. In the tertiary level and school category, the teams must consist of at most 4 participants with 1 teacher-in-charge. The team leader must come from the student participants.
3.Changes to the composition of a team are no longer allowed once the team has been registered through the competition’s official website.
4. E-mails sent by the organiser to the e-mail address provided by the team leader will be considered delivered to each of the participants within the team.
COMPETITION REQUIREMENTS, SUBMISSIONS, EVALUATION AND SELECTION OF WINNER
1. Each individual participant/team will be required to submit via the competition website, the following:
2.5-minute-long or less video presentation.
3. A copy of supporting documents, for example MyIPO, testimonies etc.
4. A maximum of 3 - 6 images or photos representing the ideas about the project (optional).
5.During the competition period, participants will upload images/videos on the competition website related to their participation in the competition and/or their submissions. Any such image/video, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the relevant participant. By uploading the image/video to the competition website, a participant represents, acknowledges and warrants that any image/video that they have uploaded is an original work created solely by the participant, and that the image/video does not infringe the intellectual property rights (including, without limitation patterns, copyrights, visual materials in whatever form, sound recordings, any copyright protectable work, designs, trade or service marks and database rights).
6.Participants are responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the images/videos, all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the images/videos in the manner set out in these Terms and Conditions without additional compensation.
7.A panel of judges will be appointed to evaluate the submissions for the competition.
1. The competition’s official website will aim to answer many of the questions from participants and other interested parties. Any additional queries or comments regarding the competition should be sent via e-mail address and telephone numbers provided in the competition website.
2. The organiser reserves the right not to answer a question if, in the organiser’s view, an answer would give an unfair advantage to certain participants.
3.Participants must immediately inform the organiser by e-mail to the address given if they have received unofficial or content sensitive information relating to the competition with the intent of allowing an unfair competitive advantage.
Participants agree that their competition materials will be treated as having been submitted on a non-confidential basis even if such competition materials are marked or referred as confidential by the participant.
1. The organiser will not have a duty to treat the competition materials as confidential.
2. Upon submission, participants warrant that they are the sole owner of the competition materials, and that the submission completely originates with the participant, that it does not infringe upon any copyright or any other rights of any third party of which participant is aware.
3.The organiser has the right to pass on the competition materials to the panel of judges who may be comprised of third-party organisations for the evaluation to take place successfully.
4. Participants agree to provide the organiser a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual licence (with the right to grant sub-licences) to use, copy, distribute and/or reference the whole or any part of any competition materials (including, for the avoidance of doubt, the submissions) for any purpose whatsoever and in any media, whether or not currently invented.
5. By submitting an entry to the competition, the participant warrants that the content of the entry is entirely of that participant’s own creation and does not in any way infringe the intellectual property rights (including, without limitation patents, copyrights, visual materials in whatever form, sound recordings, any copyright protectable work, designs, trade or services marks, database rights) of any other person. If it is discovered that any entry is not the original creation of the appropriate participant and/or breaches and other person’s intellectual property rights, the organiser shall be entitled to disqualify that entry and the appropriate participants from the competition.
1. The organiser collects the personal data of participants as stated on the online registration form on the competition website for the purposes of organising the management of the competition (including arranging invoice of and/or participating in the prizes) and communicating with participants in relation to the competition. Personal data provided by participants will only be used in accordance with the terms and conditions as stated by the organiser. By providing personal data to the organiser, participants are consenting to its use in accordance with the terms and conditions.
2.The organiser will not retain the collected personal data relating to participants for longer than necessary. Data relating to participants will be kept by the organiser for a reasonable period after the competition closes to assist the organiser in operating competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries relating to the competition.
CLAIMS AND DISPUTES
1.Any participant or team suspected by the organiser of plagiarism may be investigated, and, if deemed appropriate by the organiser (in its absolute discretion), disqualified from the competition.
2.The organiser’s decision and discretion on any dispute shall be final and no correspondence will be furher entertained on that matter.
1.The organiser will try to ensure the standard of the competition’s website so that it remains highly accessible but cannot be held responsible for interruptions of service. The organiser reserves the right to suspend temporarily the operation of the competition website without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for any other reason beyond its control.
2.The organiser may at its sole discretion disqualify an individual participant or a team from participating further in the competition if the individual participant/team shows disregard for these Terms & Conditions or acts in any unsporting or disruptive manner.
3.The organiser reserves the right to scrutinize any information/materials posted on or submitted through the competition website by a participant. The organiser, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, may at any time review, remove or otherwise block any information/materials posted on or submitted through the competition website.
4.The organiser reserves the right to, upon notice to participants, unilaterally amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
5. If the participant has submitted the same, or a largely similar idea in any other competition, details of the competitions in which that idea has been used must be provided to the organiser as well. The organiser reserves the right to disqualify any entry which is composed of the same idea or concept as has been submitted by the relevant participant in any other competition.